Trust, Service & Excellence in Eye Care
OMLC is your centre for refractive eye surgery. We specialize in iLasik, Intacs, PRK, Phakic lenses, Collagen Cross-Linking and correction of the need for reading glasses (presbyopia). Let our expertise assist you in your search for better vision.
Excellence in Vision Care
Since 1998, our centre has been the only full-time Ophthalmology clinic in the Westman area, serving a catchment area of 180,000 people. Our focus is Corneal and Anterior Segment Surgery, and Dr. Rocha performs over 1,500 eye surgeries per year.
Enjoy the peace of mind and convenience of your highly qualified medical team right at home. Whether considering Laser Surgery, or other procedures, the benefits of receiving world class care in the Westman area is significant. Let our expertise assist you in your quest for better vision!
Go behind the asterisk* of low-cost discount providers. See how you can count on our experienced services for the most advanced technology, providing you with the best possible visual outcomes. Experience freedom from glasses and contacts, and trust your vision to our specialists with confidence!
Trust your vision to OMLC and receive the highest standard of patient care. We pride ourselves on our high level of training and research to provide you the greatest possible results. Review our affiliations and positions or list of presentations and publications for a greater understanding of our commitment to patient care.
In addition to Laser Eye Surgery, we offer additional surgical options that include Phakic IOLs (implantable contact lenses) and Refractive Lens Exchange. OMLC also provides treatment for cataracts, keratoconus, high corrections, glaucoma and offers a comprehensive Dry Eye Clinic to identify the underlying causes and create personalized treatment plans.
1 At OMLC, excellence in vision care is our top priority. Our commitment to you is to provide the highest standard of care, meaning we don’t reduce options or quality of equipment to provide discount pricing.
2 Our commitment to local care ensures you receive world-class medical service at an affordable price in the Westman area. All pre-operative and post-operative appointments are scheduled at our easy to reach Brandon office.
Descriptive Outline of Services
S ervices offered include:
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Cataract Surgery with advanced technology lenses to correct astigmatism and reduce the need for reading glasses
- Corneal Surgery, with a “Designer Surgery” approach. This focuses on addressing corneal problems depending on the layer involved, keeping in mind that the cornea is merely 0.5mm in thickness! Thus, we offer DSEK, DALK, and PTK in addition to full thickness transplants and Boston Keratoprosthesis
- At TLC Laser Eye Centre, we offer LASIK, PRK and Intacs.
- OMLC is a referral centre for Keratoconus, where we offer a customized approach, including Crosslinking, therapeutic laser treatments (PTK), Intacs and Visian ICL
- Glaucoma procedures, including lasers (SLT and Iridotomy), Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (iStent) and filtration procedures (Trabeculectomy)
- Refractive surgery procedures for myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia. We offer, in conjunction with our partners, Excimer laser, Intralase Femtosecond laser, Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) and VIsian ICL for high prescriptions. Management of complex astigmatism
- Academic Ophthalmology at the University of Manitoba, supervising the Resident Clinic in a brand new facility at the Misericordia Buhler Eye Care Centre
- Retina Clinic for the management of Wet Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy and Ocular Vascular Disorders. Retina Surgeons from Winnipeg come on a monthly basis to assess and treat patients. The surgeons involved are Dr Mathen Mathen, Dr Frank Stockl, Dr Ravi Dookeran, Dr Joshua Manusow and Dr Richard Leicht
- Optometric co-management with community Optometrists. In addition Dr David Ferguson and Dr Lisa Suski provide management of refractive, cataract, glaucoma and emergency patients at our Brandon office.
O ur diagnostic equipment includes:
- IOL Master for intraocular lens implant calculation
- Endothelial cell microscope (Specular microscopy)
- Corneal topography, tomography and Scheimpflug imaging of the cornea (curvature, thickness, elevation) with iTrace and Pentacam
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) for layer-by-layer assessment of the Cornea, Optic Nerve (Glaucoma) and Retina
- Corneal and Ocular aberrometry -for the diagnosis and management of complex corneal conditions
- Ocular Ultrasound, A- and B-Scan
- Corneal thickness measurement (Pachymetry)
- Tear Film assessment (TearLab)
- Visual Field testing for glaucoma
S urgical equipment available for the benefit of our patients includes:
- Cataract removal via Ultrasonic Phacoemulsification (Stellaris and Infinity) in Brandon and Minnedosa.
- Victus femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery
- Femotosecond and Excimer Lasers at TLC Laser Eye Centre
- YAG and Argon Lasers at OMLC Vision Centre, Brandon.
- Advanced Technology Lenses for astigmatism (AMO Tecnis, Alcon Toric, enVista Toric, Rayner, Human Optics) and presbyopia multifocal lenses