Excellence in Vision Care
OMLC is your centre for refractive eye surgery. We specialize in iLasik, Intacs, PRK, Phakic lenses, Collagen Cross-Linking and correction of the need for reading glasses (presbyopia). Let our expertise assist you in your search for better vision.
Since 1998, our centre has been the only full-time Ophthalmology clinic in the Westman area, serving a catchment area of 180,000 people. Our focus is Corneal and Anterior Segment Surgery, and Dr. Rocha performs over 1,500 eye surgeries per year.
Refractive surgery is obviously an important aspect of what we do. However, there are many more services and procedures we offer.
Services offered include:
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Cataract Surgery with advanced technology lenses to correct astigmatism and reduce the need for reading glasses
- Corneal Surgery, with a “Designer Surgery” approach. This focuses on addressing corneal problems depending on the layer involved, keeping in mind that the cornea is merely 0.5mm in thickness! Thus, we offer DSEK, DALK, and PTK in addition to full thickness transplants and Boston Keratoprosthesis
- At Image Plus Laser Eye Centre, we offer LASIK, PRK, Intacs and Kamra inlay.
- OMLC is a referral centre for Keratoconus, where we offer a customized approach, including Crosslinking, therapeutic laser treatments (PTK), Intacs and Visian ICL
- Glaucoma procedures, including lasers (SLT and Iridotomy), Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (iStent) and filtration procedures (Trabeculectomy)
- Refractive surgery procedures for myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia. We offer, in conjunction with our partners, Excimer laser, Intralase Femtosecond laser, Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) and VIsian ICL for high prescriptions. Management of complex astigmatism
- Academic Ophthalmology at the University of Manitoba, supervising the Resident Clinic in a brand new facility at the Misericordia Buhler Eye Care Centre
- Retina Clinic for the management of Wet Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy and Ocular Vascular Disorders. Retina Surgeons from Winnipeg come on a monthly basis to assess and treat patients. The surgeons involved are Dr Mathen Mathen, Dr Frank Stockl, Dr Ravi Dookeran and Dr Richard Leicht
- Optometric co-management with community Optometrists. In addition Dr David Ferguson and Dr Lisa Suski provide management of refractive, cataract, glaucoma and emergency patients at our Brandon office.
Our diagnostic equipment includes:
- IOL Master for intraocular lens implant calculation
- Endothelial cell microscope (Specular microscopy)
- Corneal topography, tomography and Scheimpflug imaging of the cornea (curvature, thickness, elevation) with iTrace and Pentacam
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) for layer-by-layer assessment of the Cornea, Optic Nerve (Glaucoma) and Retina
- Corneal and Ocular aberrometry -for the diagnosis and management of complex corneal conditions -iTrace, Wavescan and Sirius (Image Plus)
- Ocular Ultrasound, A- and B-Scan
- Corneal thickness measurement (Pachymetry)
- Tear Film assessment (TearLab)
- Visual Field testing for glaucoma
Surgical equipment available for the benefit of our patients includes:
- Cataract removal via Ultrasonic Phacoemulsification (Stellaris and Infinity) in Brandon and Minnedosa.
- Victus femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery
- Femotosecond (Intralase) and Excimer Lasers (Visx iDesign and Amaris 750) at Image Plus Laser Eye Centre
- YAG and Argon Lasers at GRMC Vision Centre, Brandon.
- Advanced Technology Lenses for astigmatism (AMO Tecnis, Alcon Toric, enVista Toric, Rayner, Human Optics) and presbyopia multifocal lenses (Oculentis, AMO Tecnis, ReStor)